Red Lentil Curry
A vegan curry that is popular with everyone in my household, easy to make, cheap and healthy.
- 2 Onions sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- .5 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Thinly slice onions
- Grind 1/2 tsp Cumin, 1/2 tsp Coriander Seeds & 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds in a pestle and mortar
- Cook onion in oil for 5mins. I prefer them to start blackening at this stage.
- Add 3 Garlic Cloves, Ginger & Chilli Flakes and cook for a few minutes.
- Add ground spices to pan with 2tsp Turmeric & 1tsp Garam Masala. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add 200g Lentils, Tomatoes, Coconut Milk and combine.
- Cook on a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir every 5 minutes to stop the bottom burning.
- Stir in Spinach & juice of 1/2 lemon.